Bountiful Jr. High School 2020-2021 Registration Instructions
We are so excited to have your kids back to school! There will be a few changes to “normal” school life this year. You will receive more information from the district and from BJH as we get closer to the first day. For now, here are the important first things to do:
We have now opened Online Student Registration, Online Fee Payment, and Electronic Policy Signature Pages that will allow you to register your student for the 2020-2021 school year.
Your student is not registered until the following steps have been completed:
1. Login to your My DSD guardian account.
If you do not have a My DSD guardian account you will need to set one up. Go to Bountiful Jr. High School home page > click on my.DSD (green leaf on the top of the page) > Create an account now.
2. Pay required registration and optional fees.
Click Payments > pay for fees at the top of the page. Required registration fees are located under Fees/Fines Owed. Yearbooks, PTA membership and other class fees can be found Optional Fees. Fee waiver applications are available online (see link below) and in the main office. Income verification is required before any fee waiver application can be considered.
3. Sign Electronic Documents.
Review and accept the policy forms located on My DSD.
4. Incoming 7th graders must submit immunization records before the first day of school.
Students who are not current on immunizations will not be able to attend school until shots are current and we have verification from your health care professional.
Schedules will be available to view beginning Friday, August 14th on My DSD for students and guardians who have paid registration fees or been approved for fee waiver.
Due to Covid 19, we will not be able to hold our traditional 7th grade Eagles’ Camp or our back-to-school open house. That said, once you have paid your registration fees and can see your students’ schedule, you may come to the school to find classrooms if you want to! In order to do so, you must adhere to the following:
1. Have no symptoms of Covid
2. Have not been in proximity of someone diagnosed with Covid within a 2-week period
3. Wear a mask
4. Check into the main office
5. Maintain physical distance: No congregating in the halls, no large groups, etc.
6. If by chance we have a large number of people in the building, you may be asked to wait outside until others leave.
We will not be assigning lockers this year and have eliminated the locker fee from the required registration fees. Instead, students will be allowed to take backpacks to class. I would suggest getting 2 inexpensive string backpacks; one for A days and one for B days, in order to avoid large, bulky bags in our small classrooms. Should you have a specific need for a locker, contact Mrs. Ashby in the main office (801-402-6000) for a locker assignment, and you will be assigned the typical locker fee.
School begins on Tuesday, August 25th at 8:10 a.m. We are ALL IN!
Bountiful Jr. High School Office Staff
- Fee Waiver Application
- Student Insurance Information
- McKinney-Vento Information
- COVID-19 Fall Opening Guidelines
- Media Permission Letter
- Media Permission Letter for Special Education Students
- Media Opt-in form for Special Education Students
- Nutrition Services Web Page
- Nondiscrimination Memo
- Child Find Obligation
- Administrative Memo
- School Fee Information
- MyDSD account setup instructions
- 7th Grade Course Descriptions
- 8th Grade Course Descriptions
- 9th Grade Course Descriptions